About Me

My photo
Victoria, Australia
I am an author of Young Adult Fiction books. I worked as a teacher in the Pacific Islands for seven years. Whilst in the Solomon Islands I taught PSSC English before the ethnic tension in 2000 forced a change of plans. I love Pacific literature, art and music. You can find me on Facebook at Beth Montgomery Author.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Jimi Nare's Tribalo

T-Shirt design. Jimi Nare

Four fish. Jimi Nare

Years ago when I lived in the Solomon Islands I asked a friend who made tie-dyed lava lavas to decorate some bed linen for me in a lizard and gecko design. The result was great and I still use the linen although a couple of the pilow cases are almost threadbare. Now this guy lives in Australia and produces art work with a tribal theme. Yes, Jimi Nare has hit the big time with his Tribalo Art Studio. You can check out his work if you're driving through Bacchus Marsh in Victoria.
   Much of Jimi's work deals with traditional symetrical designs or sea creatures. He also paints the Western province icon, the nguzu nguzu frequently.
Symetrical design. Jimi Nare.
   Jimi is a musician too and he designed a T-shirt for his band Solburn Crew.  I love Jimi's work as it's such a great mix of traditional and contemporary styles. For Christmas I treated myself to one of his fish paintings, a lion fish painted in dark tones, which now sits in my study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment